Roulette is a popular casino game named after the French word “little wheel”. It is believed to be played as early as 1796 in Paris. In this classic casino game, players place bets on any number they choose. The croupier then spins the wheel in one direction while the ball is spun in the opposite direction. As the ball loses momentum, it falls onto the wheel and into one of the pockets on the wheel.
There are several types of roulette available:
- American Roulette – The main characteristic is the presence of both the 0 and 00 pockets. It has a total of 38 pockets and a house edge around 5.3%.
- European Roulette – With 37 pockets, it is more popular than the American roulette as the house edge is around 2.6%.
- Double Ball Roulette – Played on the European wheel, double ball roulette increases the excitement by adding another little white ball into the equation.
- Multi Wheel Roulette – Instead of wagering on one ball and wheel, players get to place the same bet on eight wheels at once.
- Rapid Roulette – This is roulette in video form.
- Mini Roulette – This roulette is played on a 13-number wheel instead of the standard 37 or 38.
How to Play
Roulette is a fairly simple game with the following rules:
- Players start by placing their bets.
- The dealer throws the ball into the spinning wheel.
- The ball lands on a number in the wheel.
- Winners are rewarded based on their betting odds.
The type of bets in roulette can be divided into inside and outside bets.
- Inside bets: Placed directly on one or more numbers
- Outside bets: Placed on propositions such as high or low, even or odd, red or black, and first, second, or third dozen.
Other combinations of bets are also available.
Although roulette is a game of luck and chance, there are many experts who believe that there are strategies to increase the odds of winning. For those interested, some of the strategies include:
- Martingale Betting Strategy
- Grand Martingale Betting Strategy
- Reverse Martingale Betting Strategy
- D’Alembert Roulette Strategy
- Fibonacci Roulette Strategy
- James Bond Betting Strategy
- All-In Betting Strategy
- Constant Bet Strategy
Real Money Online Roulette
Once you are ready to try your hand at online roulette games, you can easily access it through foreign casino sites or online casino agents. Acebet99 is a casino agent who partners with the biggest and most reputable online casinos in Asia. Our partners include:
Grand Dragon Resort online casino
Green Dragon Online gaming casino
Other Online Casino Games
Besides online roulette games, there are also many other popular casino games that are available such as:
- Baccarat – Players place bets on banker, player, or tie to see which hand is closest to a total point of 9.
- Blackjack – Play against the banker to see who gets the highest point without exceeding 21.
- Poker – Bet on your own cards to see if you have the winning hand.
- Sic Bo –Place bets on the potential dice combinations that will be rolled.
- Slots – Use your pennies and win the jackpot.
- Craps – Bet on the dealer or player based on the outcome of the dice roll.
- Royal Three Pictures – Try to obtain higher points than the dealer to win.
Roulette is a classic and traditional casino game that can become lucrative. Enjoy the best online casino experience by placing your bets from home through any mobile device.